Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quilt Finishes 2013



After seeing Naomi's blog  (DIL) start up again and enjoying it so much, I decided that I should try and blog again.  Since not  much is going on in our life right now, except the cold weather I thought I could at least show the quilts that I have finished this year.  Yes it is only January and I have 3 quilts finished.  Really it is only one quilt that I finished this year, the other 2 were at the quilter's in December, but I just got them back and then put the binding on.  So I count them as finished in this year.  
The first quilt is one that I bought at an antique shop in wheeler Oregon.  I call these rescue quilts, as basically it was just a top and I put a backing on it and had it quilted.   My husband keeps asking what am I going to do with it and I said I just did, I rescued it.  
The second quilt is a scrappy hexagon quilt that I finished on our Oregon trip this fall.  They are 2" hexagons, and I used the Primitive Gatherings Little Primitive fabric.  I am very happy with it as it looks good on my brown couch.  Not sure that I would make another, it is fun to make the hexagons but not so much fun sewing them together.  
The last quilt is Farmers Wife.  I was tired of using dark fabrics so I tried something lighter and I am pleased with the way it turned out.  I found a setting that was different, setting every other square on point .  I liked the "modern" look that it gave the quilt.  Also it really stretched the squares that I had, only 42 squares. 
Now I have 4 other quilts at the quilters and as soon as I get them back I will bind them and post about them.  I did 4 BOM last year, waaay too many.  So this year I am just finishing up things that I have started.  Betty


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the Hexagon quilt looks cool

-Matt