Monday, September 14, 2009

Christmas Wishes - Gail Pan Finished almost

I am ready for Christmas - just kidding. Gail Pan had a free stitchery pattern each month since January. The last square came in September so it was time to finish the quilt. It is put together but not quilted yet. Not sure how I am going to quilt it but it feels good to be at least this much done.
I had the border fabric for several years and was waiting for just the right project to use it in. When I saw the quilt I knew this was perfect. My border is wider than what Gail suggests, but I had 1/2 yard and decided that the best use of this was to make a border 4 1/2 in wide and use up all the fabric.
The stitcherys were so much fun to make, they went together in about an hour. I would watch each month for the new one to appear on Gail's blog. Now on to finishing other things if I don't find anything else on the internet. Betty

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Another beautiful quilt! I want to see the finished baby quilt on the blog next!