Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Finished Quilt

Here is one of the quilts that I finished while on my sewing spree in Oklahoma. It is the only one that I have quilted. The others are ready to go to the quilter as soon as I get the backing ready. This quilt is from the book "My Red Sofa" by Atkinson Designs. As soon as I saw the new Mary Englebriet fabric in the store I knew this was the quilt that I wanted to make.
I am sure that there is an unwritten rule in the quilting world that when you finish one quilt you can start 2 more quilts. That being so I have started 2 more quilts. Here are 3 quilts that I have on my design wall. One I started in Oklahoma so it doesn't count in my starting 2 this week..
These are the first 2 squares in the Great Pumpkin. They are machine applique with a buttonhole stitch. Lots of fun and I hope they will be done by fall.
I must have been in a hand sewing mood because the 2 projects that I started are applique. I had most of the fabric already so all I had to do was cut our the shapes, starch, press and then start stitching. The first one is Rabbits Prefer Chocolate, by Bunny Hill Designs.
This one is Noah by Country Threads, a pattern I have had for a couple of years. It is fun to find just the right fabric for each animal. I am now working on a fox, kangaroo, and zebra.
I am not sure what to do about the eyes. They are embroidered in the pattern, but I tried a button for the monkey's eye and I kinda like the look.
So I really finished 3 more quilt tops in Oklahoma, they just need to be quilted and the binding put on. Does that mean I get to start 6 more?

5 comments:

The AB club said...

My favorite is the Noah one, but runner up is the pumpkin.

Sarah said...

Well, with chocolate in the title you had to know that Rabbits prefer Chocolate would be my favorite.

Naomi Haverland said...

I love the Noah one! Expcept, with that title, there should be TWO of every animal. I think the button eyes will be cuter than stiching them too.... but what do I know.
The Easter one is adorable too... and even cuter after hearing the title.

Betty's Blocks said...

I agree with you Naomi that there should be 2, but that is the way the pattern was made. I was thinking of putting a shadow behind each animal, maybe black, to indicate 2 animals. I will try one square and see if it works. Betty

Naomi Haverland said...

Or you could just change the name of the quilt.