Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Finished Quilt

Are you looking for your socks? This quilt that I made while in Oklahoma is called Lost Socks from the book Sunflower Patch by Black Mountain Quilts. It was fun to make, a real easy pattern, machine buttonhole applique.
I tried a new technique where I put a very thin batting behind the block when I did the stitching. Then I added another thin batting to it when it was quilted. It makes a very heavy quilt. I am not sure I will do this again, although I started my pumpkin quilt in the same way.
My friend Ann who just got a long arm did the quilting for me. She chose a snowflake design for it and I think it turned out great.
Now that I finished one I would like to start another, but I am busy working on 3 right now. I will try and restrain myself. Except I found a great background fabric , tan with barns on it for a fall quilt. Now to find a pattern!

3 comments:

The AB club said...

I really like this quilt. It looks like a fun pattern.

Sarah said...

Mom you are a true artist. You have found your latest inspiration (tan barn fabric) and all you need now is the pattern (or masterpiece).

Naomi Haverland said...

That is a cute quilt. When all my kids are gone like yours, I am going to do art projects all the time too. I can't wait.