Friday, April 25, 2008

The Good Life

This is where we have been staying for the last 4 weeks. Gary had another class with the Post Office in Norman, Oklahoma, and being the good wife that I am I went along with him. It's not a bad deal really. I take my sewing machine and I have lots of time to get some more quilts made. We stay in a facility run by Marriott Hotel. I don't have to cook as there is a full cafeteria down stairs, and the maid comes in to make the bed. This is the good life, even if the room is a bit small.
Here we are with the t shirts that we earned while participating in Fitness classes that the hotel offers. On the weekends we have lots of free time to explore. This time we went to Canton, Texas to experience the biggest flea market I have ever seen. We also saw Woolaroc, the vacation home of Frank Phillips in the hills of Oklahoma. (as in Phillips 66 oil)
And now it is time to go home. The good life is fun for a while, but too much of a good thing is just that - too much. I am ready to be in my own bed, have room to spread out, and get back to a regular routine. That is until August when we will be back for another 2 week class.

2 comments:

The AB club said...

I think it would take me longer than 4 weeks for the good life to be too much.

Naomi Haverland said...

That does sound like the good life. It kind of reminds me of when we were in a hotel for a couple months this summer in California. By the end, I was ready to get out of there- but it sure was nice while it lasted!